Pixalytics can draw on the experience of its Managing Director who’s worked on the following:
Project and contractual management: a recent example is the “Sentinel User Handbook and Exploitation Tools” contract with ESR/ESRIN where Dr Lavender acted as a consultant to ARGANS Ltd ensuring that the initial deliverables were met….
Expert knowledge support/training consultancy to those who wish to use EO data to aid in decision making whether directly or through the assimilation into numerical models. Applications include the development of methodologies for valuing the environment including Carbon trading, landscape characterisation and ecosystem services.
- Scientific activities including supervision of PhD students, peer reviewing proposals, membership of conference/symposia scientific committees e.g. upcoming ESA organised 3rd MERIS/(A) ATSR&OLCI / SLSTR Preparatory Workshop. Current research is centred on the influence of climate change on marine and coastal environments.
Dr Lavender is:
- Chairman of the Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society (RSPSoc);
- Member of the UK Space Agency Earth Observation Advisory Committee;
- Treasurer of the European Association of Remote Sensing Laboratories (EARSEL);
- Co-Chair for Oceans Working Group (VIII/9) of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS).