Senior Earth Observation Scientist.
- Salary ¬£30,000 – ¬£35,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 2 Year Fixed Term Post based in Plymouth.
- Closing Date is 5.00pm on Friday 9th February 2018.
- Interviews scheduled for Friday 16th February 2018.
Pixalytics is looking Senior Earth Observation Specialist to support the development, and growth, of the company. The role will primarily be supporting international focussed projects on agriculture, although there will be opportunities to be involved in other work such as our online products launching later this year.
We are a small company recognised for our ambitious and innovative approaches that combine high quality science with the delivery of downstream applications, and so we encourage scientific research and outreach activities.
The key skills we’re looking for: Degree or higher degree with a strong element of remote sensing/Earth observation; combined with experience in software programming and scripting, including Python and Linux; and good mathematical/statistical experience.
The full job description and person specification can be found here. If you have any questions, please get in touch on 01752 764407 or via the email address below.
Apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: In order to apply for this job candidates will need to already have the legal right to reside and work within the UK.¬†
We have strong commitment to supporting STEM students and early career scientists, and we offer a number of internships and placements during a year including:
- Paid Summer Placement through the Space Placements in Industry (SPiN) programme.¬†Our placement for 2018 is still being considered.
- Erasmus placements are accepted.
- Work experience placements up to two weeks. These are unpaid, we’ll give you basic training in satellite remote sensing and an idea of what it’s like to work in small business in the space industry.
If you are interested in working with us, get in touch by email@example.com