1¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† What are cookies
Cookies are small file of letters and numbers that are downloaded on to your device when you visit a website. They are used by many websites to track your use of the website, what pages you visit and to keep you logged into the website where applicable. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its operations to your needs. Cookies can be “session‚ÄĚ or ‚Äúpersistent” cookies:
- Session cookies – these are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your session. The next time you visit that particular site it will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor as there is nothing in your browser to let the site know that you have visited before.
- Persistent cookies – these remain on your device until you erase them or they expire. How long a cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the cookie to last. This type of cookie allows the website to recognise that you have been there previously and will remember your preferences.
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
3¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† What are your choices regarding cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings, where you determine how to manage, and whether to block, cookies. Please note, if you choose to block all cookies, this would include our essential cookies and, it may mean that you are unable to access, some, or all, parts of our site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, either visit your browser help page or you can find information on how to do this for most browsers at https://www.aboutcookies.org/.